The theme of this issue of the Journal of Educational Controversy continues the conversation that was started in our Fall 2011/Winter 2012 issue where we published our first article on the events occurring in Arizona with the passing of HB 2281. The legislation:
- Prohibits a school district or charter school from including in its program of instruction any courses or classes that:
- Promote the overthrow of the United States government.
- Promote resentment toward a race or class of people.
- Are designed primarily for pupils of a particular ethnic group.
- Advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals.
"Who Defines the Public in Public Education,"
Journal of Educational Controversy: Vol. 8
, Article 1.
Available at: https://cedar.wwu.edu/jec/vol8/iss1/1
Subjects - Topical (LCSH)
Critical thinking; Social choice; Curriculum planning
Subjects - Names (LCNAF)
Tucson Unified School District (Pima County, Ariz.)